Monday, March 2, 2015

Ah new winds aflowing in 2015

Hi all,

I managed to begin a new job and work my butt off, move twice and at last into a home we own since my last update BUT I did also manage to paint a few minis, which will feature in this update :)

Since it is the first update in the new year it would be prudent to make a small recap of my hobby 2014.

I managed to paint some 30+ minis including my Dark Elf Blood Bowl team, I joined and participated in a local BB league on a regular basis, got some Malifaux games under my belt as well as a 2vs2 Epic Armageddon game and a single RoC game and attended a single convention so all in all not the most fruiticious of years but a nice little year spent.

None the less, I'd like to paint more, play more and attend more cons so my hobby goal of 2015 is to:
  • Paint more minis than last year! With 10+ models already done I'm well under way :)
  • Paint up 1 BB team (at least) and two crews for another games system.
  • Play more games - joining the local Necromunda league is a bloody good start :)
  • Attend at least two cons. Should be possible if our local club con gets going, just one more to go then.
  • Make my own participation game for our local club con. I've already started on this.
  • Do a crazy project - like painting an army!! This is the dream at least :D
Ah all the dreams and hope of a young lad, let's hope I complete half the goals it would be a great success!

And with no further ado, the minis I've painted so far in 2015.

First off the block was these chaps, which I'm gonna in my participation game, set in a very near future, somewhat post-apocalyptic inspired by Hermann's Jeremiah comic series crossed with old GW reject Dark Future and 90's computer game It came from the desert. These fellas are hired guns from a secluded cooperative out to secure vital and valuable minerals - by any means necessary :)


The hobgob archer is actually not a newly painted mini but he was finished this year. I began painting him some years back but got stuck and finally decided to give the last onceover and call it done.


Same goes for these bad boyos - 5 evul dvargrs to use well in almost any setting possible. They've been sitting in my paint queue for quite some time but I've decided to finish some if not all of these half done paintjobs. I might go back and touch up some details like verdigris on shields and add a bit of flock and lichen to the bases but I quite like how they came out.



Last week, I sat down and knocked these two chavs out, aptly named Robbo the Loon and Yarb Tittimus the 3rd. They are gangers in my brat gang, the Iaco Spire Yob Knobs, to kill and die for loot in our new Necromunda campaign at the local club, Rogue Trader. They are actually test muppets as I'm not too familiar with painting bright colours but I've decided to press on rather than keep mending, washing and shading - so these two are DONE!


Next in line is Iacomo Yobbo with his hand on the pump and wearer of purple pants!


Well that's it for this time 'round. Hope you've enjoyed the pictures. I have my first gang fight tomorrow so prepare for a wee report sometime in the not so distant future. My aim is to blog twice a month but I'm already slagging. I do however enjoy painting minis more and have made a fairly decent start to the year so expect more (also we are planning a deskspace, an actually fekkin' desk, where I can paint and cut and glue and sculpt, yes I've also decided to learn how to sculpt ha ha ha no seriously!

Thank fer looking and have a good one until next yea time :)

Thomas

5 comments:

  1. love the yin yang symbol on the chaos dwarf - excellent work. And your hob-gob has finally convinced me to paint mine up with an orange flesh colour when I get around to doing them later on this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nathan! Here half a year later I can reveal that I managed to paint one more dwarf and some other Oldhammer minis. Not the greatest churn out but I had to test some colour schemes and had the minis primed up anyway.

      Delete
  2. You did a great job on the yellow cloaked Chaos Dwarf. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He might become the chief Warlock in my would-be Frostgrave warband (if I can finish 3-4 dwarves the next couple o' weeks).

      Delete