Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Game of Epic Proportion!

Ahhhh half a year later and I'm ready with my second post this year :D

Some of my annual goals have been met. I've been playing on a regular basis with our monthly Blood Bowl league running and started out with 3 wins but progress stalled and after two defeats in a row I'm poised to challenge from 3 place for the title as the year draws to a close.

Got a couple of Necromunda games in as well, still a fun game after all these years but the campaign advancements quickly goes outta hand.

And then - I've signed up for an Epic Armageddon tournament here in Copenhagen in the beginning of October and I'm well excited after a test game (first in two+ years) last week.

I've dusted off my old Eldar army and have a sound list painted up but will have to paint up some additions in the next weeks time.

As for the game, Christian aka Krigsminister (Minister of War) happily played the part of the evil Imperial oppressors, trying to kick my peaceloving space hippies off their arid dried up raisin of a planet they call home. Now pictures!

A Guardian Warhost occupy a rock formation, beefed up and ready to rumble!

Posing for the camera!

A troupe of Falcons inflicts 8 straight hits on a lurking Warhound, who scuffled back and hides under a rock.

Eldar artillery at the ready!

More barrage points!

The SM Commander formation takes a pounding.

They brought their friends along!

Through the mesas and spike trees, the SM front line can be seen advancing.

Brave Windriders engage a lonely Devastor squad, making sure to stay well outta arms reach of the nearby tactical and assault marines.

The marines cut down one of the Guardian hosts, leaving the other to watch their brethen fall before them.

Opposite view.

From Krigsminister's perspective as the Avatar gets summoned and swiftly gets his mojo on.

Avatar and friends having a good day at the office.

Minor casualties as the Spear of Khaine wipes an entire Tactical formation.



And I didn't really take more pictures but Christian pulled through a narrow 2-1 victory on objectives. We forgot tons of things, mainly playing stuff in a wrong way so a lot of time was spent re-reading rules etc. but it was all good fun and well worth, especially considering we are going to play 5 games in two days in a short while.

I hope you enjoyed the photos! I will try and post more the coming weeks as I prepare for the tournament. I should be able to get at least one more game in before crunch time.

Until then, thanks for looking!!!
Thomas

OIII Stop the press!!! I did manage to paint a few minis during my blogging hiatus. Here you are - these are mainly test pieces for using Tamiya Clear on a Zenithal undercoat. Works the charm if you are to paint block of heavy armour for example:




No comments:

Post a Comment