Friday, January 25, 2013



So welcome to a rare update!

It's been a while since last, but tonight I had some time to fiddle 'round with some bits. Sadly I don't converte as much as my fellow hobbyists from this forum http://www.powerfist.dk/forum/index.php?topic=61340.0 but less can also be quite fun

My gang is for the challenge on the mentioned forum and although there is little chance I'll get them painted in time, I couldn't resist glueing the stuff together when I felt the inspiration. The result captures the feel of a noble gang quite well I think - a little gs mending is needed but the gang is almost done


The whole gang:



I wnet for bits that felt and looked good. There's some old stuff in there, spot 'em if you can ;) And I'm quite pleased with the way the pistoliers arms work, considering the time gap betweeen the different generations of GW minis represented.

Thanks for looking!
Thomas






2 comments:

  1. Hey mate , I love these , they are currently inspiring a side project of space pirates for me , so glad you shared them , I have one of the brats but I cut him up , just rebuilding him for the space pirates crew. thanks again for the heads up on the dk forum's so much good stuff .

    I made a brat inspiration board a while ago , might help inspire your painting stage

    http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/208188-.html

    http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/208190-.html

    Regards
    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're most welcome. We have some talented guys here in DK and I'm so fortunate to share a workspace with a couple of them :)

    I have 2 or 3 spare brats, if you're looking for some. And the other I modelled missing hands, gaps, shirt sleeves and sword hilts and made bases for the lot, so now priming awaits and painting. Think bright yellow and opaque blue and purple :)

    Me and Kristian (Gilthalas of Powerfist) talked about making an Inq28 gaming table for our workshop. We have plenty of stuff to make terrain from and aggreed upon a simple modular board, so hopefully more on this during the Spring.

    And I enjoy visiting your blog, always a great source of inspiration!

    Cheers,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete